Laying Bottom Rated Favourite

Discuss the Flatstats Horse Racing System Builder. Ask questions, request new filters, share system ideas.

Postby loser2winner » Fri May 18, 2012 3:37 am

PP
I want to find out if there is a profit on laying favorite

Taking the daily info

Horse race ratings

I want the favorite to be on the bottom

In the 2.30 at York today the fav Red Cadeaux is fav and is at bottom

Can you explain how I would set this up on the RSB please

Thanks for your patience with me
loser2winner

Re: Laying Bottom Rated Favourite

Postby Pittsburgh Phil » Fri May 18, 2012 10:07 am

You need to set up a Laying System with the following rules:

Bottom Rated, Favourite

To do that

1. Use the (RATINGS) button, select Reverse Ratings Pos = 1
(we use Reverse Ratings Pos as this will select the horse at the bottom of the ratings)

2. Add an (SP) filter for SP Pos = 1
(this will select the favourite in the race)

3. Save the Snapshot but ensure you tick the box Use Betfair Market for SP Filters [X]
(we do this else every bottom rated horse in every race will be listed)

I have set this up here:

If you run that report you will see the results as 5% profit. Any contenders will be shown on your daily alerts page.

Note that as prices can change throughout the day then so can the alerts. You are seeing Red Cadeaux listed as a contender now but in a few hours he may drift to 2nd favourite and then would not be a contender. It is best to place any bets a few minutes before the off, unless it is totally clear that a horse will be favourite at the off e.g.

Lucky Jim 8/11 f
Green Tree 3/1
Blue Sky 3/1
Yellow Hat 5/1
Pittsburgh Phil
Chief

Postby loser2winner » Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 am

loser2winner wrote:
Pittsburgh Phil wrote:You need to set up a Laying System with the following rules:

Bottom Rated, Favourite

To do that

1. Use the (RATINGS) button, select Reverse Ratings Pos = 1
(we use Reverse Ratings Pos as this will select the horse at the bottom of the ratings)

2. Add an (SP) filter for SP Pos = 1
(this will select the favourite in the race)

3. Save the Snapshot but ensure you tick the box Use Betfair Market for SP Filters [X]
(we do this else every bottom rated horse in every race will be listed)

PP thanks a lot
I have set this up here:

If you run that report you will see the results as 5% profit. Any contenders will be shown on your daily alerts page.

Note that as prices can change throughout the day then so can the alerts. You are seeing Red Cadeaux listed as a contender now but in a few hours he may drift to 2nd favourite and then would not be a contender. It is best to place any bets a few minutes before the off, unless it is totally clear that a horse will be favourite at the off e.g.

Lucky Jim 8/11 f
Green Tree 3/1
Blue Sky 3/1
Yellow Hat 5/1

PP thanks a lot
loser2winner

Postby Pittsburgh Phil » Fri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

See my point about price changes.

Red Cadeaux drifted out to 4/1 whilst Harris Tweed went favourite. So Red Cadeaux was not a contender.

If you laid it earlier you should not have. The rules of the system are Bottom Rated and Favourite at Betfair SP. These rules are not 'was favourite at the time I laid it'.

This is why any system based on prices should be actioned on right at the start of the race.
Pittsburgh Phil
Chief

Return to Racing System Builder